Berthing and marina manoeuvres Sail and Power
A one day course to master all berthing manoeuvres on pontoon in all wind angles, boxes, mooring buoys and anchoring.
- You can request for course dates you prefer in July or later. NaviClass will plan new course dates based on your preferences.
A nice day of cruising can easily be ruined by a disasterous berthing manouevre with lots of stress, shouting, embarresment – and entertainment for the spectators.
Who wants that?
NaviClass can learn you all the insights of how a boat turns and all tips and trick about berthing manouvres alnong pontoons, in bozes and mooring bouys on all wind directions. That is the focus of this one day course.
A smooth manoeuvre is the result of good insights of the skipper, a well prepared yacht and crew and controlled helming with the right speed.
Thsi course is targeted for all skippers that want to improve their close area and contact manoeuvres.
In this day you will gain skills in manouvres like
- berthing on the wind ward pontoon
- berthing and especially unberthing on lee way pontoons
- manoeuvring into boxes forward and if that works fine also backward
- manoeuvreren in very limited spaces
- berthing and unberthing in boxes – first in the wind and after that with cross winds
- rope work and quick knots
- schip vastmaken zonder af te stappen
- correct usage of bow trusters if they are on board
- communicatie with the crew especially preparation of a manoeuvre.
- ‘short handed’ manoeuvres
- … all your specific quistions and topics
Organisation and participatione
As you can imagin in this 1 day manouvring course we hardly leave the marina and practise with all kind of manouvres.
EThjere are no spcific requirements or pre-curse experience demands. The course requires at least 3 students and the maximum is 5 .
Advise on our proposition or specific questions?
Do you want to gain specific knowledge or skills? Can't you find which course you want, need or could do? Please let us know and ask your question in this box. We will provode advise free off sharge and will recommend you to the best of our experience. We will reply as soon as we can but allow a few days or a week as our specialized instructors are sometimes on the water for longer courses.