Practical Sail and Power
A course to master all berthing manoeuvres on pontoon in all wind angles, boxes, mooring buoys and anchoring.
- You can request for course dates you prefer in July or later. NaviClass will plan new course dates based on your preferences.
A nice day of cruising can easily be ruined by a disasterous berthing manouevre with lots of stress, shouting, embarresment – and entertainment for the spectators.
Who wants that?
NaviClass can learn you all the insights of how a boat turns and all tips and trick about berthing manouvres alnong pontoons, in bozes and mooring bouys on all wind directions.
A smooth manoeuvre is the result of good insight of the skipper, a well prepared yacht and crew and controlled helming with the right speed.
This course is targeted for all skippers that want to improve their close area and contact manoeuvres.
- berthing on the windward pontoon
- berthing and especially unberthing on leeway pontoons
- manoeuvring into boxes forward and if that works fine also backward
- manoeuvring in very limited spaces
- berthing and unberthing in boxes – first in the wind and after that with cross winds
- rope work and quick knots
- mooring without leaving the boat
- correct usage of bow truster if available
- communication with the crew
- ‘short handed’ manoeuvres
- … all your specific questions and topics
Organisation and participation
No specific requirements or pre-course experience necessary.
Advise on our proposition or specific questions?
Do you want to gain specific knowledge or skills? Can't you find which course you want, need or could do? Please let us know and ask your question in this box. We will provode advise free off sharge and will recommend you to the best of our experience. We will reply as soon as we can but allow a few days or a week as our specialized instructors are sometimes on the water for longer courses.