STCW Elementary First Aid
First Aid is essential for all skippers and required for your RYA / MCA Yacht master offshore. This knowledge can save life and prevent grave injuries,
Wednesday 2 September 2020
At sea, the rescue services are not as quick at you as on the mainland. So it is extremely important make the right diagnosis while waiting at the rescue services.
STCW Elementary First aid: STCW A- V1/1-3 ) is part of the STCW Basic safety training (BST). This module can also be followed separately.
All seafarers from sailor to captain, who want to sail professional at sea should have followed these first aid at sea.
Also for peoples who sail for pleasure this is a very useful course to improve safety on board.
There is no previous knowledge required.
- Reaction in case of a medical emergency
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- CPR reanimation and training on a manikin
- Shock treatment
- Heart attack
- Head wounds
- Back injuries
- Fractures and dislocations
- Drowning drill
- Cold shock and hypothermia
- First aid equipment on board
- There is no exam, your certificate will be delivered based on a permanent evaluation and a short test.
- NaviClass STCW Elementary First aid certificates are recognized by FOD Mobility..
- Certificates are 5 years valid. Those certificates are recognized in all IMO countries.
Advise on our proposition or specific questions?
Do you want to gain specific knowledge or skills? Can't you find which course you want, need or could do? Please let us know and ask your question in this box. We will provode advise free off sharge and will recommend you to the best of our experience. We will reply as soon as we can but allow a few days or a week as our specialized instructors are sometimes on the water for longer courses.