STCW Estuary Shipping
Needed for inland vessels who are used up to 5 nautical miles from the coast and in estuaries such as the Westerschelde
This obligation also applies to the first mate and for each officer in charge of a navigational watch on these ships.
This certificate is limited to “inland vessels that also are used for non-international sea journeys within five nautical miles of the (Belgian) coast. The trips include courses ranging from the Zeeschelde to the Belgian coastal ports.
Organization of the course
The duration of the module “Estuary Shipping” is 5 days and includes the following topics:
- Coastal Navigation
- Seamanship, maritime English and meteorology
- Shipbuilding and stability
- Regulations and documents
The certificate VII / 5 should be obtained from the Belgian Federal Public Service Mobility by the submission of:
- Completed form “request certificate estuary shipping”
- Copy of valid medical examination (can be of inland sailing), see table “Recognized Doctors”
- Copy of valid GMDSS Certificate (ROC)
- Copy STCW Basic Safety & Security Awareness Certificate
- A copy of license (with the notation “R”)
- Evidence of 3 years sailing on a barge
- ADNR certificaat
Advise on our proposition or specific questions?
Do you want to gain specific knowledge or skills? Can't you find which course you want, need or could do? Please let us know and ask your question in this box. We will provode advise free off sharge and will recommend you to the best of our experience. We will reply as soon as we can but allow a few days or a week as our specialized instructors are sometimes on the water for longer courses.